7 Ingredient Black Bean Brownies
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, ground into course flour (or simply use hazelnut or almond meal)
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 flax eggs (click to find out more)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Takes ,serves 10 brownies.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (350˚F) and grease a small loaf tin
- Process hazelnuts into a course flour in a food processor (or skip this step if using meal)
- Add all remaining ingredients and process until completely smooth (2-3 minutes)
- Spoon out brownie mix into greased loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes until an inserted skewer comes out almost clean (it will still be very moist inside)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin slightly before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!