Roasted Garlic Cauliflower 'Alfredo' Sauce
- 750g cauliflower (roughly a medium head), broken into smaller pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 cup soaked cashews, water discarded (if you haven’t soaked overnight simply place in a bowl of hot water for 20 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients)
- 1/2 cup almond (or other plant-based) milk (recipe link)
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Takes ,serves 4 .
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
- Lay the cauliflower pieces and peeled garlic cloves on a lined baking tray and bake for around 15 minutes until the cauliflower is just soft and the garlic cloves are starting to brown.
- Add all ingredients to a high strength food processor or blender and process until completely smooth.
- Stir the warm sauce through fresh pasta and top with some vegan parmesan cheese.